How to roast vegetables
Choose 4 cups of one or more
|Herbs or Spices:
Choose 2-3 teaspoons of one or more
Choose 1 tablespoon
Chinese 5 spice
| Olive oil
- Select one or a combination of vegetables and toss with 1 tablespoon of olive or canola oil, and 2-3 teaspoons of one or a combination of spices.
- Place on a nonstick cooking pan and roast at 375°F for approximately 40 minutes or 425°F for 20-25 minutes. You may want to place foil on the pan for easier clean up.
Nutrition Information per serving (Makes 4 servings)
Nutrient content will vary greatly depending on vegetable chosen and how much oil is used. Vegetables generally have between 15-25 calories per 1/2 cup. Starchy vegetables such as potatoes have 60-90 calories per 1/2 cup.
- Sweet potatoes: 5 spice, cinnamon
- Red potatoes: garlic, rosemary
- Eggplant: garlic, Italian seasoning
- Carrots: grill seasoning, parsley
- Acorn squash: cinnamon, chili powder
Next: How to grill vegetables