How to grill vegetables
|Vegetable||Grilling Time (in Minutes)|
|Onions, red or Vidalia||5-8|
|New potatoes, halve||5-8|
|Sweet potatoes, sliced||5-10|
|Squash, sliced lengthwise||5-7|
|Zucchini, sliced lengthwise||5-7|
- Clean and prepare vegetables.
- Brush both sides of vegetables with marinade of choice.
- Grill vegetables, turning once, for indicated grilling time. Brush vegetables with marinade during grilling to ensure they stay moist and flavorful.
Nutrition Information per serving
Nutrient content will vary greatly depending on vegetables chosen and how much marinade is used on the vegetables. Vegetables generally have between 15-25 calories per 1/2 cup.
Starchy vegetables such as potatoes have 60-90 calories per 1/2 cup.
Recipe: Olive Oil and Lemon Grilling Marinade
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon or 3 tablespoons bottled lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon thyme or thyme, if available
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a small container.
- When brushing on vegetables, swirl the mixture around with the brush often to keep the oil and lemon combined.
Next: How to steam vegetables